Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This MFA program has invaded the whole house, well almost!


Here are two 6' x 21" Intuitive Drawing/ Paintings in progress. I am working on canvas now, instead of Rives printmaking paper. As I am completing the last of the 7 smaller ones, clearing space in my studio to resume some glasswork, I am now beginning to paint in the dining room. My husband and daughter are rolling with the punches. Anybody that comes to visit will have to deal with this reality. :)

I like working larger on these, but I am finding that the oil is taking longer to dry between layers. I am enjoying using larger brushes and my whole arm to make strokes on the canvas. I am thinking about changing the composition of my underpainting on the next ones. New ideas about how that will be composed...

No comments:

Post a Comment