Tuesday, November 15, 2011

No Boundaries Excursion 2011


I had the profound opportunity and experience to be a part of No Boundaries, an artists colony on Bald Head Island, NC. My mentor Pam Toll, is a co-founder of this artist colony. On alternating years it is an International Artist Colony.

Pam invited me as a guest and student this year. I worked hard over the 4 days I was there. Here are some photographs, concluding with my visit to Fayetteville to see AIB MFA colleague, Dwight S. on the way home.

As Google Maps would have it, it took me through Fayetteville on my travels eastbound to catch the ferry in Southport to Bald Head Island. I thought it would be great to visit with Dwight on the return trip.

The artist colony was manifold with wonderful attributes: the other artists, the local hospitality, the environment, the opportunity to absorb into your work, walking on the beach at sunrise, celebrating 11/11/11 together, the warm sunshine after cool mornings, coffee that would put hair on your chest, toasting with wine in hand...

Look forward to our exhibit at Acme Arts in Wilmington in late January, and seeing wonderful new friends again!

My photo album of this excursion may be viewed at: https://picasaweb.google.com/113967877601706753492/NoBoundariesExcursion2011

No comments:

Post a Comment