Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Contemporary Portraits: Faith_ Take One

This is my first attempt of portrait drawing this semester, and it took an inordinate amount of time and courage to pursue after the 1st residency and the grueling critique sessions.

This is supposed to be Faith Ringgold. Well, I have always felt I can draw a decent looking portrait, and I love charcoal drawing, but this does not look like Faith R. I can create a decent looking drawing but have not achieved the likeness I desire to move forward with a translation into a murrini portrait.

Actually, I think the face looks more like me than Faith.
I have always heard artists have a tendency to draw themselves subconsciously, so there you have it.

Well, I will give it another attempt, but here is the first one for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment