Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mi Frida: Reflected Color and Light at the No Boundaries show


The No Boundaries show was really spectacular, and the reception well attended. I posted my album on FB. A new friend of mine, Niki H., and fellow glass artist posted and took a photo of Frida seen here. I have a new appreciation for how Michael V. hung the piece with assistance from Dick. Thanks guys! Thanks again Pam for the opportunity to participate in this year's program and exhibition.

Also a very special thanks to my hubby, Bob for taking the day off, to transport my two pieces to Wilmington last week (4 1/2 hour drive/ one way), and then return with me there for the reception on Friday.

The reflected color and light on the wall was gorgeous. Niki was able to capture that better than I could.... so photo credits to her on this one.

I have been pondering over and planning out my solo show at Salem College, going up next week, and think I would like to hang my glass pieces the same way, off the wall as opposed to the window(s). For two reasons: the reception will be in the evening, and you will not be able to appreciated the glass pieces only during daylight, and also since Frida and Camille are in Wilmington at the No Boundaries show, I need to fill out the exhibition a bit different than earlier thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment