Saturday, January 29, 2011

1st Meeting with Mentor

I met with Glenda Wharton, my new mentor, today for the first time this semester, this afternoon. I really felt like a magician pulling so many things out for her to look at. ... So many things in Pandora's box from last semester! I hope I didn't overwhelm her. I felt like I was talking so fast.

Glenda, I think will be a good mentor for me. I think she understands my concepts yet has a command for critique and where my work needs to go aesthetically.

She reinforced Hannah's desire that I sketch, and to use gesture more in my drawing as a regular exercise and process in loosening up from working from the photographs as a reference. We have our tentative schedule established for the semester, and I am very motivated now to get down and dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment