Friday, September 24, 2010

Painting on Glass: Fr. Bill




I have been continuing to paint on glass, mostly when I am able at school as I am able and after school while still on campus with my NAHS. I have one student in the morning during one of my planning times. As seen here, Alyssa sketched me while working on a painting on glass.




Friar Bill, 8 x 10", painting on glass. Friar Bill and Brother Xavier will be called Two Friars as a dyptich. I like the idea of putting together multiple portraits, versus singular portraits.




Friar Bill reminds me of the 'lion' in Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, by CS Lewis. The character of the lion in that novel, as you may know, symbolized Christ, and the novel was an analogy for His gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment