Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Visit with my mentor and to the Weatherspoon Art Museum

"The whole world as we experience it visually comes to us through the mystic realm of color." - H. Hoffman

I visited with my mentor for the first time this afternoon at a Vietnamese restaurant in Greensboro. We had lunch and talked about the program and my goals for this semester. Afterward we visited the Weatherspoon Art Museum to view the Hans Hoffman: Circa 1950 exhibition. I browsed a book on Hoffman also while watching the PBS video that the museum had to view. It was really wonderful to learn more about his life as an artist and teacher of so many post modern masters.
I have been a fan of his for some time, since my younger years as an artist, and love his little text, "Search for the Real" that I will revisit soon and reference within one of my writings this semester.

At the Weatherspoon I also viewed Andy Warhol's Polaroids and a small exhibit of the work of Robert Stanley (brother in law of Roy Lichtenstein), whose works may inform a tangent on my Art Heroes work.

No comments:

Post a Comment